Pages

Pages

Thursday, June 18

why

 https://www.pinterest.com/pin/546131892290274572/


i don't understand
why am i finding these things?
these hidden secrets. 

hidden pasts. 

but, they aren't good.
i'm confused. 
what do i do?

i'm not searching for them
i don't want them
please, tell me why.

why am i finding these things?

i can't help them,
i can only surrender.
i can only pretend as if i didn't
find them.

please, 
don't let me be the one
to tell them it's wrong.

they already know that.

they'll just hate me. 
they'll just hide behind more lies
and dirty sins.

i don't understand.

what am i to do?

because i can't hate them
even knowing what they're like.
because i've seen the good side.
i've heard them tell me things
they wouldn't tell the devil.
and oh, no i don't laugh at them.
i accept it.

but i reject the sin.

i reject the bad side.

it's so hard to.
i love them.
they make me laugh so much.
my life feels just right around them
with their dorky smiles
and their hilarious jokes. 

because they show me the good side.
they show me the side i don't usually see.

but then they leave.

and their dirty sins leave a trail
behind them. 

i'm left to see
what it has done to them.

and what it is doing.

why me, O God?
i don't understand.

i don't want to see their secrets.

it hurts too much.

because i loved them
before i even knew that.
and i still love them.
but it's harder to look them in the eye. 

i don't understand. 

perhaps all i am left here to do
is to speak for You,
to love the unloved,
and to pray for them.

because they don't know how to do that
themselves.


No comments:

Post a Comment