Pages

Pages

Monday, June 13

where are we now?

 :
via pinterest


i tried to write a letter today.
    i didn't know i was this sad until i sat down and tried to murmur your name.
    these wrinkles on my face had to get here somehow.

the sky wept sunlight upon me and i laid down to rest.
(i wouldn't call it rest anymore.
it hurt more than keeping busy.)

i cried out your name! oh my brother! come back to me!
come                back.

like a clock striking the hour, my heart beat inside my chest.
this is not the end, i told myself. not the end.
not      the     end.  
(but it feels like it.)

all the sudden i am running around and around.
calling out your name. calling out these words.
i can't handle this.

when did it get so hard?
when did she start to cry?
when did we say goodbye?
when did fire burn our hearts?
when did i realize i loved you?

(hope reigns. hold on to that.)

4 comments:

  1. gaah. so beautiful and bittersweet. love the words slowly fading out. and that last line - yes. just yes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ANDREA. THANK YOU SO MUCHHHHH. owie. i'm glad you loved it.

      Delete
  2. Oh this is so beautiful and sad and I loved it <3 You have a way with words that can make people feel exactly what you want them to, and it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. am i crying. i'm cRYING. love you, lizzy girl.

      Delete