Pages

Pages

Sunday, June 19

coward

 :
via pinterest


the wind blows hard.
i tried, i tried, i tried.
these wounds on my hands have not yet scarred. i --

i cannot bear the weight.
i'm sorry, i'm sorry, i'm sorry.
let me take a walk. let me clear my head.

there is a never-ceasing pounding.
it echoes through my skull.
telling me of everything that could be.
could have been. should have been.

i -- wait, come back
i tried. i'm sorry.

i can't finish this --
i'm a coward.
(you should know that by now.)


3 comments:

  1. Ugh. This. Is pretty much me right now.

    Twins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel this, so much. But...maybe soon we'll be brave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I relate way too much to this right now and it sucks but you make it sound beautiful and not so bad so I'm gonna take this and feel better about myself ;)

    ReplyDelete