Pages

Pages

Friday, June 17

buried

VIA ME

VIA ME


i got down on my hands and knees,
into this dirt. into this new beginning.
i buried you there.

i dug. my back burned in the sun.
this is where i met you.
in this red dirt that smells like...
dust. things forgotten.
layer upon layer.

like carrying a pack of rocks,
i carried the weight of...you.
my soul exhausted and my eyes blinded.
tired. tired.
always tired.

lay it down.

bury it.

so i did.
i dug until my lungs collapsed inside my chest,
and i could barely breathe from working so hard.
like the sun setting in the cerulean sky,
silvery threads shone out and faded dark.

this is the day i buried the goodbyes that always changed who we were.





3 comments:

  1. I never have the words to say. Which is why I have been bad at commenting lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi i love you and that's okay. i'll be here even when you don't have the words.

      Delete
  2. So many feels and pretty words in one post, too much to handle.

    ReplyDelete