Pages

Pages

Saturday, April 16

frozen


 :
via pinterest

cold falls upon me as i sleep,
and i realize that nightmares are a type of hypothermia.
the rain froze and turned to snow.
sleep leaves and i am left curling up
underneath the blanket.

it is morning and i greet it with a laugh,
light is warmth to my heart if not the wind.
but as soon as night falls,
i am too exhausted for laughter.
my lamp on in the room,
and frost covering the windows.



air is caught up in my lungs
i manage a breath
today i realized i am an in between

in between having a home and losing it
in between missing you and running away
in between loving and resenting
there are twos to everything
and i am 
one of them

my veins are clogged with ice,
and my body is tired with
the weight
of warming my blood enough
to wash it away.

.c.d.

4 comments: