Pages

Pages

Saturday, November 14

The wind blows

http://makeuphall.tumblr.com/post/133178416221

The wind blows.

The trees stretch their arms in the cold night
Reaching for the lullabies the stars sing

I look to the moon
And see
Her silver teardrops slowly slide off
Touching the sapphire sky gently

I weep with her
I weep over the lullabies
Over the time that has gone away
Over the lost whispers that find the wind

She tells me I must go
The sun is to rise and I must go with him
I must leave the cold shadows
And the dying grass and the
Silence and sadness of the darkness

I nod and wipe the snot from my nose
And the saltwater tears from my eyes
I must go
She laughs gently and lifts my face in her hands
She tells me it is okay to let the tears fall
For you must express your heart somehow

And now, as I step out into the sunlight,
The warmth I hardly remember is quiet
The sun envelopes the moon in a hug,
Grinning from ear to ear
And tells her the tales of the summer seas

As we leave, I see the moon sinking away
Though she wouldn't know it,
I left a part of my heart there
For I couldn't say goodbye and stay whole

| poems to the night |



4 comments:

  1. Wow, I was instantly impressed by your simple yet clever blog design ( I love simple blogs) and now going on to read some of your poems, I am even more impressed! You are so talented. The wind blows has now become a favorite. I like how you mention its okay to feel sad and the relationship between the trees and lullaby singing stars is lovely.
    Well done!
    -Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. VANESSA SQUEE. You are so, so kind! Oh goodness, thank you so much. I'm loving the design, so I'm glad you like it also! *grins stupidly*

      Delete
  2. That is beautiful. I especially love the painting. Did you do that? I'm an artist, so I'm always fascinated with other people's art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you! Unfortunately, I do not have the skills to paint like that -- aha. But I did get the picture from pinterest! Most of my art is very low-skill but I enjoy it so I guess that's what matters. :-)

      Delete