Pages

Pages

Sunday, November 22

promises

jorey hurley:


Promises.

They are what I treasure more than some things
I store them up in my heart and hold them gently

But you?

You throw that word around aimlessly.
As if it is just another word
As if you don't care 
As if it doesn't mean a thing

And oh, how I wish I could catch those promises.

How I wish, how I wish you wouldn't take that precious piece as if it was just another thing.

I'd write you letters and I'd whisper you the reasons why
Promises are meant for honesty and trust
But I am not strong enough
I couldn't hold myself together long enough to get the words out

But if I had enough courage to tell you one thing,
I'd tell you,
Don't make another promise again
until you understand it and until
you
can 
keep 
it.

Because promises mean more to me than most things.
And I cannot let them be thrown around and battered.
Especially by you.

| unwritten letters |

5 comments:

  1. Hi, you have a lovely blog. (: I'm looking forward to reading more!

    xx Lorraine // Laurel Crowned

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS- I think I follow another one of your blogs (: I just saw your full name... ;) and I KNOW that one is good, so now I'm looking forward to reading this one even more (:

      Delete
    2. LORRAINE. what a sweet pea. BUT YES. I follow your blog too! I'm so glad you found this little gem hiding. It's a wonder how anyone finds it. Muaha. ♥♥

      Delete
  2. *throws up with tears and grief and everything owie*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *hugs you and puts you in bed with warm blankets and a glass of cold milk and reads you children stories*

      Delete