Pages

Pages

Friday, December 11

a poem to the trees

 :
pinterest creds

there are things i dream --
i'd laugh harder than i ever would,
i'd find that it isn't as hard as it is,
i'd make it out alive

there are things i dream
but that is all they are -- dreams
they are just slivers of great things
just slivers

i'd imagine if i was in space
with those blasting glorious planets
with the stars up close, almost able to touch them
i'd realize how small i am

and oh my, oh my

i'd realize how big our Creator is
how majestic and unfathomable 
beyond my imagination
beyond my dreams

and maybe, just maybe
my pride would slip away
and i'd allow Him to do greater things
because He is more than just slivers of great things

He is. 

4 comments:

  1. oh, you did such a good job. this sounds so much more than just a poem, cally. "and maybe, just maybe my pride would slip away and i'd allow Him to do greater things" i want this to be my goal and prayer for 2016.
    thanks for sharing<3<3
    XXX -nameless writing

    ReplyDelete