Pages

Pages

Friday, October 20

iii. to my sydney, you brave boy

home, home, home.

I have always loved the sound of those words, but they have never been truly real for me. Only tastes. Glimpses. Home! I call your name, but your strong hands have not found mine. There was a boy with a gentle heart and in his, I felt a beat like yours. And my tall, too-talented friend walked in understanding. In his shoulders bore my lonely heart and spoke love.

they are some of the bravest men I have ever met. I know sometimes you will be afraid that you cannot measure up and I gotta be honest - you won't. ha. Stop wrinkling your nose at me! Because you know that True Strength comes from Christ. And in Him is all you need. So there is no need to "measure up," you silly boy. 

home. oh my warm, lovely home. I feel like someone told me to stop looking for you, but here I will stand, steadfast with my flags, raising them until you are with me. Though my eyes waver from the left to the right, His mighty strength will set my gaze heavenwards. For I am weak, but He is strong.

May He pour out His mercy upon us because this is a mighty ache for Home and the wait has been pressing upon my heart. Eyes Up, home. Those are hard words as we sail on. We pass many islands, but none of them meant for us. And it'll be okay, for He is with me, a true and brave sailor, bringing me to You.

home. someday I'll be there.
until then, my sights are set.
He is good. 

x\ 

pretty sure i told you crazy kids that the posting on this little pumpkin of a blog would be super wacko. HA. ur welcome.

4 comments:

  1. "home, home, home." i think you wrote that in my birthday card? on the list! ^_^
    well, i like pumpkins and especially little ones. my mom bought me one yesterday. and i like wacky pumpkins. and i love you and -- triple gasp! three posts! lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHAH YES PROBs. aWWW. little me growing up. also that is so cute oh my word. i kind of miss pumpkins now that the season is gone???? o o p s. (also wow three posts, good job me.) LOVE YOU ANDREA. x

      Delete
  2. OHHHH MAN THIS IS MY HEART
    THE CRY OF MY HEART
    HOW DO YOU ALWAYS
    LITERALLY ALWAYS DO THIS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CAN I SCREAM THE SAME THING BACK AT YOU BECAUSE
      L I T E R A L L Y
      YOU SPEAK WORDS THAT I CANNOT SEEM TO FORM. UGH. SO WONDERFUL. xxxxxxxx

      Delete