Pages

Pages

Saturday, September 30

be strong and take heart



i woke up this morning with golden light seeping into my bones. you know how it goes, honey and freckles, you know how it goes. it is the relief of carbon dioxide from your lungs. it is the chance to start again. rejoicing comes in the morning. i laugh and rub my cold fingers against warm palms.
it has been a long fight.
the tips of my fingers became sore, and my vocal chords dived into a desert, and i was left with no words but bundles of letters i didn't know what to do with. when you are in a fight, there are things you cannot take your eyes off of. things you can't bear to lose.
but one day, you stand up and you realize that this has been a sharpening process. a growing process. you are no longer bones and fat, but your tendons and ligaments have found strength and are starting to take shape. a little rain comes and washes away the ash and you see His handiwork underneath a dirty surface. still a ways to go, but you saw His fingerprints engraved into your own.
it is hope where there was none,
and hope where you needed it most.

small heart.
i see you.

do not give up. He is with you.

12 comments:

  1. CALLYYYYY i missed your wonderful words. you reminded me of the beauty of Him, not tangled up in the chaos of what people say.... and tendons. hahh i see what you did there. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ANDREA I MISS YOU AND I PROMISE I'M WORKING ON AN EMAIL SOON HAHAH. <3 amen. amen. i love you so much ugh i can't even finD THE WORDS. seriously.
      also tendons. HAHAH. u got me. x

      Delete
  2. cally your writing always puts me in total awe. you put such soul in words. <3 <3 all the metaphors/similies and phrases + words etc you use . . . oh gosh i love it all xx

    sophy lavender + blue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sophy u make me weep. OWWWWW. it's all God and i'm all empty handed but willing. oh my goodness. I LOVE YOU. x

      Delete
  3. 'But you saw His fingerprints engraved into your own' - Love this part so much <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CRY. that makes me happy. it's important to me. HAHAH. x

      Delete
  4. :'( Your words are a precious gift. Thanks for this glimpse of His heart. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jessica. i have never asked anything of you, yet here you are pouring love onto me. what??? you shine of His selfless love. i am astounded. x thank you beyond words.

      Delete
  5. awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

    i luv this so much xx

    ReplyDelete