Pages

Pages

Monday, February 29

the noisy silence

 :
via pinterest

i have come to realize that i am nothing more.

i am full of yawning, and rubbing my eyes.
angry tears and sad sniffles.
loud mornings that talk of laziness --
the kind that leaves you more tired than you were before you slept.

the shower is warm and i spend my time thinking,
but we are left with silence that rings in my ears so loud i can hardly bear it.

your ears become accustomed to noises you hear constantly,
and i think i miss the noise.

sit with me awhile, Lord, and do not let me sift through these thoughts.
for they are all the more loud in the silence.
be still, o my soul, o my mind.

the Lord is here and he is peace.
teach me peace in the silence.

14 comments:

  1. this is just so true<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do you mean, "i have come to realize that i am nothing more" ? If you don't mind answering...?
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HEEY. Yes, I'll get right to it. That's partly a reference to my last poem "Chase." We are certainly full of things, but we are nothing more. We will blow away like dust and the only thing standing in the end will be God. Nothing except him lasts. And although the ones that believe and who God indwells will be in Heaven with him, all earthly things shall perish.

      Also, it's how people try to build other people up saying, "You could be king!" In the end, the people who aren't ready to be king are the best ones (like in the Chronicles of Narnia). But really, I am nothing more. God is the only thing inside of me that is even good. He is all. He is everything.

      I hope that makes sense. Let me know if it doesn't. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh, did you just speak of my life?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad I clicked on your blog to take a look at your posts! This is amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh. That's the funniest thing. Thank you! *grins*

      Delete
  5. I needed to read this today... my mom had a biopsy done today and the doctors are pretty sure it's cancer :( I need peace, so desperately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh babe. that hurts. praying for peace over your family and hearts. <333

      Delete