Pages

Pages

Friday, September 11

A Letter to September

https://www.pinterest.com/theamasticliz/~-inspiration-~/

dear September,

you have hit me hard.

I'm not quite sure what I mean by that. 

Perhaps I've been in a flurry of busyness and turning and finding and falling. You've hit me in the chest and all my breath has escaped from my grasp.

Time keeps going and going, and I feel like I am falling behind. 

But, I find that it's okay.

I'm not upset, I'm not in a hurry, I'm not lost. 

I'm in-between flying and being stuck on the ground. 

I can touch the stars with my fingertips, but I cannot hold onto them. My feet brush against the red dirt upon the ground, but not quite buried in it. 

Oh, September, how I finally understand you. You aren't quite in Autumn, you aren't quite in Spring. A little of both, I suppose. Pieces of both tucked into a coat pocket. 

And we're both okay with it.

With love,
Candence 


No comments:

Post a Comment