Pages

Pages

Monday, September 11

you have grown

p.s. i'm so sorry i can't keep up with all the posts.
wait for me?
i'll be back when i can catch my breath. x 



i barely recognized you when you walked into the room.
taller. floofier. can i call you floofy? i picked that word up from a friend, so i hope you don't mind. it describes you strangely well. sorry! sorry, okay, i'll stop. but you know me, always laughing a bit here and there.

you are stronger, too.
i saw it in your hands. they roughed through your hair. they were wild as you'd grab the ball and go for the shot. i'd shake my head with a grin as if it was unbelievable, but maybe it was in you from the start. but it was a greater strength. more than mortal man.
it was simple.
you reached for the trash can the same time as i, as if we both knew that someone would have to pick it up, and we wouldn't mind to be the one.
that kind of thing comes from a selfless heart, who felt His palms rub against their own, and the healing and sweeping comes from there.

hey, old friend, my eyes laughed as i let go, welcome back.

you have grown, and you bear it well.

12 comments:

  1. this is fantastic. SERIOUSLY. I love it. so so so so much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JULIA RYAN.*waggles finger at you* stop making me grin so much, my cheeks will start to hurt. x HAHAH. loves.

      Delete
  2. floofy is such a cute word! this is so lovely, you're inspiring me to write more poetry. and take all the breathing time you need, love. miss you, workin' on that email reply ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. FLOOFY IS A CUTE WORD, YOU'RE TOTALLY RIGHT. i have a whole vocab of words that aren't actually words oops. and sometimes i squeeze them into my writing with a laugh.
      write more. i'll read it if i find the time. HAHAH. but i love you. thank you. take your time, it'll come to you when it can. x

      Delete
  3. woah this is good <33 VERY GOOD. Like, wow. How do you manage to tell stories in your poetry girl?!?? THIS IS AWESOME :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHH I LOVE YOU SO MUCH MY AUTUMN FRIEND. i DON'T EVEN KNOW. but i have a well full of feels and stories and assumptions and all this and sometimes God's like ok go write and i'm like alright and then THIS HAPPENS. EHEHAHAH. oh my goodness. okay not quite like that but you get what i'm saying. x thanks for coming by. so much love.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. HEEYY. that is a precious consolation to my heart. x

      Delete
  5. right now it's morning and I'm eating breakfast alone before anyone else gets up. I just walked the dog, and I'm sitting at the table with my laptop in the quiet of morning and Idaho by Gregory Alan Isakov is playing from my phone and quietly echoing off the wood table and
    and I'm reading this
    and thinking about a lot of things
    and I kinda wanna cry rn.
    which is a little weird but also idk.
    basically what I'm trying to say is that this is the first blog post I've gotten the chance to read in months and I miss this. I miss typing and reading and being moved. and I missed you when I was in your Colorado. and everything is making me ache and life is hard bug I know this. I understand this. the brush of His palm against mine. thank you so much for putting that into words I am so shook ahhhhh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THE REASON I DIDN'T REPLY EARLIER WAS BECAUSE I WAS CRYING HAPPY TEARS AND THEN I TOTALLY FORGOT. *laughs* oops.
      i really love you and it's hard to put that love into words so i pray you'll feel it across all of these miles and be overwhelmed with it the next time you cross into colorado because we miss you dearly. He is really good. ow. i could cry too idk.
      you're my randy. keep seeking Him. x loves.

      Delete
  6. WOW
    I! LOVE! YOU!
    HAHHAA FLALKSJFD IDK,MAN
    HAPPINESS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHAHH OLIVIA I AM TRYING NOT TO LAUGH SO MUCH THIS EARLY IN THE MORNING (who am i kidding. 7:30? not super early.)
      I. LOVE. YOU. SO. MUCH.
      all the joy. x

      Delete